Monday, June 11, 2012
The Struggle with the Project
One of my biggest concerns and worries is that everything that we want to display in the video will not be received. I want people to see this video not just as a comedy but a video with true value and meaning, accomplishing its purpose. One of the major challenge with creating this digital film is arranging the film shots so that they tell a story. Each spoken word and visual will have some affect on what the audience takes in as the message presented. Not only are the film shots a concern but the message delivered by each individual. Each shot and message delivered must flow so that a story is told. So in the end the biggest struggle will still be making sure that the mass majority receive the message that was meant to be given.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Is the project at a point where it could be sent to some people who may not have access to the program you are using? In my project I converted it into a ' .mov ' and sent it to a couple of buddies back home who have done some similar work for feedback.
ReplyDeleteuser feedback is an excellent suggestion! Getting other's perspectives on the project before it is complete will help see if the argument resonates with your audience. Humor is tricky-I find myself considering the Dave Chappelle and South Park shows as prime examples of how arguments can get lost in humor.
ReplyDeleteA very bold suggestion is to find some random person and ask if you can show them your project and then after they have viewed it, ask them what message they seemed to receive. I feel that sometimes if you ask friends, they might say yes or agree right away because they may not want to hurt your feelings.
ReplyDeleteA random person might have a more unbiased reaction.
I liked reading this blog post because it's really REALLY important to realize that not only do the words spoken in your clips incredibly influence the story and message received, but also the shots and the way they're shot.
ReplyDeleteWith my video, and with most videos/projects I do, I like to build in a broad message or multiple messages, and not concretely come out telling which or what exactly it is. Leaving room for the viewer to interpret can mean the world in their reception. If an argument comes out 100% telling of it's message/meaning is, the viewer has more room to personally disagree. If the argument is partially told and partially left to be concluded, the viewer has more room to draw the lines themselves and relate.
I'm excited to see your video!